Everyone is all about blackheads and whiteheads. Only you have no idea what it’s all about? Don’t worry, we will tell you. Everything you need to know about the subject. Blackheads and whiteheads are both kind of comedones. I’m sure you have heard of them. But what is the difference?
Blackheads are “open comedones”. The affected areas have a larger pore opening, which allows the dye contained in the sebum to oxidize melanin. This causes the characteristic black-dark discoloration.
These are closed comedones. The enclosed sebum and bacteria do not reach the surface of the skin. As a result, the constipation remains light and sometimes is not visible to the eye at all.
What to do about the annoying comedones?
- Hands off – and if you really want to pop them then clean your face and hands and work with clean cloths
- Peeling – whether as a preventive measure or when it is “already too late”: Regular peeling helps to prevent the scales from covering the canal like a lid and clogging it.
- Masks – Two types of masks could help you now: The Healing Earth Mask and the classic Blackhead Peel-off Mask.
Which one is better? You can’t say which one is better. Each mask has advantages and disadvantages – just try it out.
- Rethink your skin care routine – Sometimes it’s simply because you have the wrong skin care products for your skin type. Or you don’t cleanse thoroughly enough? Find out more and try to change things.
- If it doesn’t get better, the only thing that helps is to see a dermatologist!
Stay informed about our latest articles, news and prize games!
With my info mail you will always be up ot date. You´ll receive valuable info about cosmetics, active ingredients, lifestyle, health and beauty! You can´t miss out on this :)
Sign up here. You don´t have to tell me your first name, but of course it would be great if I could talk to you on a more personal level.